1.24.2007

words words words


demographicize: This ReadyMade article made me feel totally deomgraphicized. I was looking for a recipe for this food I ate in Puerto Rico, called "Mofongo." Apparently other people who might be interested in a mofongo recipe read ReadyMade magazine (oh, me) and cook crazy vegetarian dinners (me again!) and also might like this cookbook called "The Grub Generation." (Recently recommended to me by a friend of mine who knows the author. Three for three!)

ballerina cohomology: spam subject line of the day!

decimate: reduce BY one tenth, or reduce TO one tenth? (That's a great "Usage Note" in the link. I want to be on the usage panel!)

digest: (from defective yeti)

Bush has moved his decision on the Iraq war to January, saying that he needs to digest all the information he has received on the subject.

Yes, this is the typical Bush M.O.: Ingest a bunch of reasonable suggestions from thoughtful and knowledgeable advisers, hunker down with Cheney and the rest of the inner circle for a week or two, and return with the end product of the digestion process.

(The photo at the top is from Puerto Rico - click on it to see the whole set of photos.)